Sunday, February 17, 2013

Happiness Comes When We Put Our Own Wants Over The Needs Of Others.


Buying vintage items such as clothing and bag is one of my favorite thing to do, not only because it is so fun to see different fashions from vintage materials from different countries but because they are of great quality and inexpensive.


One particular day i planned to go check the nearest ukay ukay store ( the store that sells vintage items) in our area after attending the livelihood training service and buy some stuff for myself. It has been quite a while since the last time i visited an ukay ukay store.

So After the training i rushed myself from the crowd so that i could accomplish my purpose, however on my way out of the building i felt i must talk to a friend of mine who has also attended the same training i had. 

We had a small conversation and i learned what sacrifices she and her daughter made in order to attend the training, they expressed their desire to attend the next days training but aren't sure if they could come again due to their financial concerns. My heart was filled with compassion towards them.

But in my mind i was reasoning to myself that i must go to the ukay ukay store because that's what i planned for and i will be very happy if ill go there, rationalizing to myself that there's nothing i could do to help them in their  problem.

I ignore my feelings of sympathy and decided to go to the store. One my way i felt so terrible, how selfish i would be if i turn my backs over the needy.

I ran back to the building, finding myself following my heart and giving my money to them so that they can come the next day. I had never been happier. I leaned that true happiness comes from when we are unselfish and is constantly thinking of other peoples needs over our wants.

             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sensible comments are welcome.